Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sweat

1/12/2012

Today I played soccer with the street kids and the interns from Pietermaritzburg down at the sports center.   A former YMCA worker now-turned event planner stopped by and we had a meeting with Swazi and Reinhardt about the possibility of throwing a Valentine’s Day Ball here at the YMCA sports center.  We then brought the kids a Rita-prepared lunch that she cooks them every Tuesday and Thursday consisting of bread and stew.  I dished it up for the street kids and then for myself.  As we sat and ate, we talked of our favorite dishes and I told them I would prepare them an American meal one of these days which they were excited about.

Being as it was 107 degrees, we ended up getting off of work early because it was so hot.  I took a trip next door to the gym, talked with some gas station workers and cleared up their stereotypes of America, sat with Mr. Frank for a while, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment