Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bunny Chow

I went to work today, but I got a nice break in the morning.  Thys took me for a little drive through Pietermaritzburg so that I could see more of the city.  We drove through the street markets, through the inner-city area, and by his residency.  On the way back we stopped to pick up “bunny chows,” which are an Indian delicacy.  It is a quarter of a loaf of bread, carved out with some beef, chicken, lamb, or bean stew type stuff in the middle.  I would compare it to a bread bowl.  It was spicy and quite delicious!  When we were nearly finished, Swazi piled all the plates in front of me so that it looked like I just ate about 5 bunny chows and Rein took a picture.

When I got off of work I got to Skype some people from home.  It was the first time I’ve gotten to talk to my friends and family since I’ve been here so that was exciting.  I went to the gym in the evening, chatted with Mr. Frank and Fish, and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment